Altoids®“Curiously Strong Mints®, Curiously strong Brand.
Altoids is the world’s popular brand in papermint lozenge market. It has its unique flavor , strong flavor and brand appeal worldwide.
Introduced in 1780, Altoids mints were originally marketed to relieve stomach discomfort. By the 1920s, the original cardboard box had been replaced by the more durable distinctive metal tins of today. The irreverent, quirky personality of Altoids mints has led Altoids to be a top-selling mint in the U.S.
Small History of 2 centuries:
- 1780 Smith Kendon, founder of Smith & Co., developed an exceptionally strong lozenge known as Altoids® mints, originally marketed to relieve intestinal discomfort, let alone a remedy for bad breath.
- 1918 Sold first in Europe, Americans could now buy Altoids® mints in 1918.
- The 1920s Ads touted that Altoids® mints can act as an antidote to poisons in the stomach. This campaign started The Curiously Strong Mints® branding.
- 1997 Wintergreen Altoids® mints are introduced.
- 2001 Love Altoids® Tins, the popular Valentine’s Day edition, became available.
- 2003 Altoids® Breath strips introduced; December 2003 Altoids® sugar-free gum is introduced.
- 2007 Dark Chocolate Dipped Mints debut combining the flavor of Altoids® with a rich, dark chocolate; Dark Chocolate Dipped Mints were
- also made available in a 4 oz. carton, the first non-tin product for Altoids® since the 1920s.
- 2009 Altoids Cool Honey™ mints are introduced in October.
- 2010 Altoids® Smalls® in their curiously small Altoids® tins, introduces Simply Mint in March.
- 2011 Altoids® Smalls® releases Nordic Mint.
- 2012 Altoids® Smalls® Peppermint is now available in 3-pack.
- 2014 Altoids® Arctic – Curiously Cool Mints are introduced.
- Today Today, Altoids Peppermint is the No. 1 mint in the U.S.
Find the latest mint flavors such as the classic Altoids Peppermint, Altoids Wintergreen, Altoids Cinnamon, Altoids Smalls and many more.
1.76 ounce tins
1.2 ounce tins
0.37 ounce tins
Altoids® Nutrition and Ingredients
INGREDIENTS:SUGAR, GUM ARABIC, ARTIFICIAL FLAVORS, GELATIN, COLOR (RED 40).
Serving Size 3 mints (2g)
|Total Fat 0g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate 2g||1%|
* Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
The Altoids brand has expanded to include sugar-free mints in miniature portable tins.